Can I bring food or alcohol to Ober Gatlingburg?
Outside food and beverages including alcoholic beverages are not allowed on to the Aerial Tramway or Ober Gatlinburg premises. Beer is available for consumption in Ober’s Snack bar and alcoholic beverages are available in the Seasons of Ober Restaurant and The Loft Lounge.
Does Ober Gatlinburg rent strollers and wheelchairs?
A limited number of single and double strollers are available for rent on a first-come, first served basis. Single strollers are $4.00 per day, and double strollers are $6.00 per day. Unfortunately, we do not rent wheelchairs at this time.
How much is parking?
Parking is $5.00 CASH per standard-size vehicle and $7.00 for over-sized vehicles. Parking is not available on the mountain for buses and over-sized vehicles on weekends & holidays. Sorry, all parking must be paid with cash – no credit cards accepted.
How often does the aerial tram leave?
The Tram leaves every 20 minutes, taking you on a beautiful 10 minute, 2.1 mile long ride between our downtown tram terminal and our resort on top of the mountain.
Is there an ATM located at Ober Gatlinburg?
ATM machines are located in the Downtown Tramway Mall next to the River Road entrance, and in the Ober Gatlinburg Mall near the hallway entrance to the Ober’s Snack bar (ATM 1) and to the left side of the Fudge Shop (ATM 2).
What is the pet policy?
Pets are not permitted in the Tramway Mall or on any premises at Ober Gatlinburg. Service animals for guests with disabilities are permitted.
What activities are located at the top of the mountain?
Ober Gatlinburg Ski Area and Amusement Park offers activities for all ages. Shopping and dining, indoor ice skating, Wildlife Encounter, Alpine Slide, scenic chairlift, Kiddie Land and Rides, winter skiing and snowboarding.
Does it cost money to participate in the activities at the top of the mountain?
Yes, while at Ober Gatlinburg you may purchase a wristband or attraction tickets that will allow you to participate in the activities at the top of the mountain. Wristband pricing is as follows (subject to change):
- Basic Wristband: $19 for children (ages 5-11), $22 for adults. Includes the Alpine Slide, Scenic Chairlift, Amaze'n Maze, Carousel, Kiddie Rides, Chair Swing, and Mini Golf.
- Premium Wristband: $28 for children (ages 5-11), $33 for adults. Includes the Alpine Slide, Scenic Chairlift, Amaze'n Maze, Carousel, Kiddie Rides, Chair Swing, Mini Golf, the Wildlife Encounter, and one session of Ice Skating.
Attraction tickets are $3.50 each. Guests may purchase a book of 10 tickets for $31.50. Attractions require the following number of tickets or dollars to participate (subject to change):
- Alpine Slide - 2 tickets ($7 per person). Weight limit of 300 lbs, ages 6 & under ride with adult.
- Scenic Chairlift - 2 tickets ($7 per person) Weight limit of 600 lbs, ages 6 & under ride with adult.
- Carousel - 1 ticket ($3.50 per person). Children under 36" must ride with an adult.
- Chair Swing - 1 ticket ($3.50 per person)
- Mini Golf - 1 ticket ($3.50 per person)
- Amaze'N Maze - 2 tickets ($7 per person)
- Kiddie Rides and Kiddie Land - 2 tickets ($7 per person)
- Wildlife Encounter - $7 adults, $5 children (5-11 years)
- Ice Skating - $9 all ages. Includes 3 hours of continuous session and skates.
- Ski Rental - $25 day time, $20 night time. Includes skis/boots/poles and equipment breakage insurance.
- Snowboard Rental - $30 day time, $25 night time. Includes board and boots.
Please note pricing is subject to change. For skiing and snowboarding, when does the area open/close for the season?
We usually open around mid-December and our typical closing date is early to mid-March. We open as soon as we have made enough snow to cover most of the trails. The opening and closing dates vary depending on the weather.Are ski/snowboard tickets available for purchase at Ober Gatlinburg?
Yes. Ski area tickets gives you access to the ski slopes for one session of skiing or snowboarding. Tickets are good for unlimited use of the ski slopes during your session. Everyone must have a current valid Ski Area Ticket (and ski/snowboard equipment) at all times to enter the slopes.
Ticket prices vary based on age and day/night time. See pricing schedule here.Do you rent ski clothing?
We do rent snow pants for $12 per day with a $30 deposit, ski jackets for $12 per day with a $50 deposit, and helmets for $6 per day with a $50 deposit. All items are rented on a first-come-first-serve basis.May I bring our sleds and use them on your slopes?
Sorry, sleds are not allowed on our slopes.What should I wear for skiing, snowboarding or tubing?
The best way to dress for winter is to wear layers. This gives you more flexibility to add or remove layers, depending on the weather and your activity. Turtleneck shirts, sweaters, long underwear and footless tights work well as under-layers. Wear one pair of socks. Ski boots and snowboard boots have liners. Wear appropriate hats, goggles, gloves, sunglasses, etc. for the weather conditions.
Be sure to wear pants or jacket/shirt with a hole or loop to fasten the lift or tubing ticket such as a zipper pull, button-hole or belt loop.What size ski/snowboard boots are offered at Ober Gatlinburg?
Ski boot rentals run Child’s 6-13, Junior 1-3 and Adult 4-16. Snowboard boot rentals run Child’s 11-13, Junior 1-3 and Adult size 4-14.Is Ober Gatlinburg open on holidays?
Yes, we are open on every Holiday of the year, with extended hours on and around many of these. The only exception is shorter hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but we are OPEN both days.Can I smoke at Ober Gatlinburg?
Per Tennessee State Law, smoking is not permitted in enclosed public areas. Smoking is permitted in outdoor areas of Ober Gatlinburg.